4 month old vomiting - should i take her in?

She's my fourth baby, but I seem to forget every time what's normal/okay.

For the past few days my daughter has not been eating well. She's still nursing exclusively but she hasn't been eating as much as usual. She's been a little fussy and has projected what appears to be her entire last meal a few times. (I do know that liquid always looks like more than what it is, but trust me, this is a LOT of milk coming up.) She seems to be a little bit congested but mostly just in the mornings. She's not running a fever, but I wonder if I need to take her in.

....Not like I would really know what to tell them. Maybe I'm hoping for an ear infection or something that would cause this? Lol. Not that I HOPE for her to have something wrong, but....you know. An ear infection seems doubtful since she has no fever, but....I just don't know what's causing all of this.

Do you ladies have any suggestions/ideas on what this might be?

fluud7

Asked by fluud7 at 7:44 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hard to say....but I would always err on the side of caution and get her checked out...especially since it is flu season and since this has been going on for a couple days, being that babies can potentially become dehydrated quickly. Best wishes-hope your daughter is OK!
    kmseager

Answer by kmseager at 7:53 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Personally for a baby that younge if they are not keeping anything down for a few hours I would probly take them in.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 8:46 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Take her in!!!!!! If the baby is vomiting then there is a risk of dehydration. Could be an overreaction, but it is always better to be safe.
    RosiesMomma219

Answer by RosiesMomma219 at 9:27 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Thanks, ladies. I called the office and asked a nurse to call me back. The receptionist told me not to worry too much about the dehydration because she is still peeing and tearing when she cries. But the vomiting is another story. I'm awaiting a call back.

I appreciate your responses!
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 9:30 AM on Feb. 12, 2010