Obama administration? Transparent?

In April of 2009, during a discussion about offshore exploration in San Francisco, the Obama admin passed along Obama's words, “to make sure that we have an open and transparent government” and that “these are not decisions that are going to be made behind closed doors.”
Yet, more than four months after the comment period ended, the Department of the Interior has failed to make any public announcement about the results.
It took American Solutions almost four months and the power of the Freedom of Information Act to finally uncover indirect confirmation that, out of over 530,000 comments submitted, pro-drilling comments outnumbered anti-drilling comments by a 2-1 margin.
Obama administration is dragging its feet on offshore drilling at a time when we’re so desperate for economic recovery and jobs. Is this working for the American People?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/02/04/shhh-public-comments-favor-drilling/
    http://www.americansolutions.com/drill/2010/02/internal-emails-show-cover-up-at-interior.php
    http://thespeechatimeforchoosing.wordpress.com/2010/02/10/sarah-palin-nails-obama-on-his-latest-scandal-drillgate/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Is this working for the American People?

It's obvious that he isn't working for the American people.  He is working for the Chinese.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• It's certainly not working for me! And, I personally, don't think he or his administration cares what we, the people, want or need. They ONLY care about their agenda!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 10:33 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Obama administration is dragging its feet on offshore drilling at a time when we’re so desperate for economic recovery and jobs

LMAO, the oil companies have you all fooled. Offshore drilling created jobs? Since when? It just makes the rich oil execs richer, while destroying the planet. You'd better come to terms with the fact that oil is a finite resource and the sooner we switch to green energy the better off we all will be. Green energy CREATES jobs.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 11:12 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• You'd better come to terms with the fact that oil is a finite resource and the sooner we switch to green energy the better off we all will be.

This nation will never be fully off it's dependencey on oil. All the Green "clean" energy development/jobs possible won't cure American's need for fast, big cars, boats, rv's, jet skis, etc.....  I would rather drill here inlo of being dependent on foreign nations who despise the US. jmo

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:18 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Let me make sure I understand this. He goes before the people to declare an open and transparent administration, that there will be nothing done behind closed doors. But the reality shows otherwise. What was the topic, again, offshore oil drilling? I could have sworn that was what he said, repeatedly, about health care reform. Gee, somehow I am not at all surprised that a proposal about which the people feel differently than the pres gets swept under the rug, and he tries to forget he ever proposed it. Yeah, that would be MY definition of transparency. In an alternate universe, maybe. How long until 2012?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:28 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Oil drilling doesn't create jobs. I had to laugh out loud! Tell that to the thousands of people in Oklahoma and Texas who are unemployed because of the current "drilling" situations!

It is absurd to think only "big oil" cares that we get our oil from countries that hate us..that we are literally at their mercy.

Oil may be a finite resource, but we aren't running out tomorrow. There is no real feasible replacement for it at this time. All of the "green energy" out there now is simply drops in a "barrel."

How many jobs are created by a wind farm? Especially when the turbines are coming from Europe. Electric cars?? Most electricity for them is created in coal burning plants. How do either of these help with jobs or the environment??
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:30 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• This nation will never be fully off it's dependencey on oil.

All snarkiness aside grly. If that is true, and I really think some people believe that, what are we going to do when it runs out. It will run out you know that right? Are we going to wait untill it runs out to decide to convert everything we use and manufacture with oil to other means?

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 11:45 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I had to laugh out loud!

I'm glad I could brighten your day yourspecialkid. I know you need it. Do some research on it, then maybe it wont be so funny.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 11:47 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Are we going to wait untill it runs out to decide to convert everything we use and manufacture with oil to other means?

Why not effectively manage the oil we have here domestically WHILE we are ALSO working on clean energy alternative solutions that are built in the US.  Did you know that 80% of Green 'jobs' from the stimulus are going overseas?  What do you think abot that one? And yourspecial is right. EXAMPLE~A US company(and active Obama campaigner) received MILLIONS of stimulus money to build green sport cars... Only one thing~ THEY ARE BUILDING THE CARS IN EUROPE. WTF is that?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 12, 2010