Democrats may try and slip Card Check legislation into next bill. Your thoughts?

Labor leaders were angered over the "Cadillac Tax" in the Senate health care bill and more recently have been 'fuming' about Democrats inability to vote Craig Becker, a radical, pro-union lawyer on to the National Labor Relations board. Democrats might be willing to support unions -- by any means necessary

Democrats could try and sneak through the unions' legislative agenda.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/feb/06/union/
The Daily Caller notes that Democrats may have another insidious plan in the works:
"http://dailycaller.com/2010/02/11/backdoor-card-check-gop-slams-pro-union-contracting-policy/

Is this more of the Hope Changey Transparency stuff?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• EFCA will be bad for many industries. The only people it's good for is the Union bosses. Imagine if you will having to make your Presidential vote public. I have seen the way union members treat those that disagree with the masses. It isn't pretty. This puts unnecessary pressure on the minority. It's wrong all the way around. Not to mention that you could be completely against unions and go home from your job one day and come back the next and BAM! You are now a union member because 50% + 1 employee decided to sign. When they named it Employee Free Choice Act it just meant that you no longer have a choice. Well, except to quit and find another job that isn't union (yet).

EFCA is a big steamy pile of sh*t just like the health care reform bills, IMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:07 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I have to say though, the unions seem to be growing more and more impatient with every day. Obama even said that he owes the unions and doesn't mind owing them. The unions dug deep to help Obama's campaign, they expect a payback. Oh, but Obama doesn't have any special interests. Yeah, and I have a unicorn in my backyard.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:10 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Very anti-jobs.

The Chinese are not so union-happy as Americans.

We received our first shipment of Chinese made components this week and my husband is very happy with them.

Unfortunately, 4 recently laid off employees won't be coming back.

I hope I live to see the day my husband will tolerate hourly workers telling him they know anything about running a company.
    I will be very old.
    This Prez sucks mightily.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:01 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Hrmmmm... Michigan is a I just read a frightening article about unions in Michigan. What is Michigan's unemployment rate? How has the unions worked out for American car manufacturers?
    Democrats are more concerned with paying back liberal special interest groups. NOT the American People.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:23 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Suppose to Read
    *Michigan~ I just read...*
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:24 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Unions did a great job running American car companies into the ground. The "own" Obama, imagine what they can do to this country with that kind of clout.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Unions were good way back when but just as our government has, Unions have become bully's with agendas.
    I don't think it will go through as a secret though. I have been getting emails from groups and foundations that are warning about just this. Americans need to listen......
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Oh throw a Sarah Palin folksy line at the end..How cute.
    Anonymous