Not attracted any more?

If my boyfriend and I haven't had sex in a week and a half... and when I brought it up yesterday and he said he wasn't in the mood... and i know he has been doing things by himself... does that mean he just isn't attracted to me any more? he gets mad when i ask him that... but it seems like he doesnt want to touch me any more

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd be upset too. It doesn't mean he's not attracted to you anymore, it means he's already gotten off and doesn't want the embarassment of not being able to perform for you. Sometimes men are so concerned with making sure that you orgasm that it's easier for them to give themselves a quicky and not deal with the pressure of having to hold out for you. It's a pride thing and a selfish thing he's doing. I would make him tell you what's going on if I were you cuz you have needs too.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:43 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Then he wouldn't be my bf anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Maybe there is someone else in the picture.
    Anonymous

• wait a sec, he won't be your bf anymore cuz you make him tell you what's going on? Why would you want to be with someone like that? If he wont have sex with you and wont tell you what's going on, there are plenty of guys who will. Know what I'm saying?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:46 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• he said that he used to always not be that into sex, except we used to have sex 3 times a day... and when we were together a little longer 2-3 times a week... to once a week... and now its like every two weeks, maybe 3? and he thinks Im just complaining.... and it isnt ever that long... but it is!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Let me tell you a little story about my husband. Back when we got married two years after dating I noticed his sex drive take a huge dive and it really bothered me cause I felt like he didnt think I was atractive any more but then why did he just marry me lol. Well this went on for like a long 6 months or so and I finally told him one day that If hes not going to give it up then Im just going to find someone else and I was dead seriouse because at that point I was going insane and it wasnt fair for me to have to put up with it that long. I could never cheat on my husband but instead I told him thats what might happen if he doesnt fix things. And guess what, we have been married almost 5 years now and he cant keep his hands off me! lol Its so funny how that one little conversation changed everything and not only that I think what ever was going on at that time for him has subsided. Now we have a three year old son and one
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Continued... On the way. We stay bussy lol
    Anonymous

• Oftentimes, when sex is the only basis for a relationship, it just simply gets old. If that's all he was interested in to begin with, it is perfectly understandable that he would have lost interest. The truth is that spirit to spirit and emotional to emotional attraction(in that order,too), are what form the basis for a really lasting relationship in marriage and commitment. The physical is also important, but it will take care of itself. When all is based on the physical, it's pretty unrealistic to expect that it should last more than a few years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• The hunt is over. It's not as exciting as it was before. It's all in the thrill of the hunt.  Time to focus on other things instead of using sex as to keeping the relationship together. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I agree that he probably has already done it himself. I would tell him how you feel (tell him you really want him) and find out what is going on in a nonconfrontial way. Also, guys are visual so wearing something sexy could caught his attention.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 12, 2010