my dd's weight?

i have been watching her weight for a year..she seemed to be losing or growing into her weight.now she getting heavy again.she actually looks like she is baloted.anything i can do.she has been getting up again saying she has a stomach ache then she gets diarrea(sp)then her stomach still hurts.i must say she been to the drs and even went to childrens in boston.i think they thought she was being abused.well that was ruled out.any ideas on what i can do about the bloat???

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 9:41 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Is she bloated all over her body or is it just her tummy? My son has a distended belly and it causes lots of gas and stomach aches and it sucks. We're getting an x-ray next week to see if they can see why it's distended. Maybe they could do that to check your daughters tummy.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 1:30 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Has she been tested for celiac disease??? She has classic celiac symptoms, and it is a diagnosis that is often missed. I was told by a pediatric gi specialist that my son did not have it when he did!!!!
    Ask for a gluten antibodies blood test.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:58 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Maggiemom2000, did they test your son for celiacs and it came back negative and then you got another test done or did they just not test the first time around?
    Anonymous

• Give her a daily probiotic like Align to balance out her digestive system.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• he only tested positive in one out of the 4 markers on the blood gluten antibody screening so the dr (regular dr and ped. gi dr) said it probably wasn't a gluten problem. I also told them I had tried him gluten free for 2 weeks and saw no changes. We saw a 3rd dr who looked at his symptoms and blood tests and said take him off all gluten for a month and bring him back. Well, he was 17 lbs at 9 months, 20 lbs at 2 yrs, and after 3 weeks gluten free he stopped pooping so much and 4 wks later had gone from 20 lbs to 24 lbs! It had taken him almost a year and a half to gain 3 pounds before that!
    One of the problems with celiac is that the tests are not 100%. I did not get the intestinal biopsy for him because it was so obvious once he was off gluten.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• could be food allergies. Often times they only affect the GI tract and you don't see typical symptoms like rashes. If you think something is wrong, just keep pushing the GI doctor to figure it out. That's what we had to do, took a year to figure out my son had food allergies because his symptoms were all internal. Push push push!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 11:51 PM on Feb. 13, 2010