How can I reheat 50 lbs. of mashed potatoes?

Cooking for a crowd tomorrow night and want to cook the mashed potatoes tonight and then put them into big foil roasting pans to transport to the hall. It's a lot of potatoes to reheat and am wondering if any of you ladies have any good suggestions to make sure they get to the buffet table hot! I appreciate any help!
Thanks in advance for your WISDOM! Happy Valentines Day to everyone!

delish26

Asked by delish26 at 9:56 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Is the pan oven safe? You could set the oven to a low temp and put the potatoes in for a while. Use a thermometer to check the internal temp. That's about all I can think of.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 10:04 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I think you can just stick them in the oven. Put it at like 350 or so and do it early. That's how I reheat left over potatoes and they come out just fine. I am sure it'll work in bulk too.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:04 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• hello??? First off you have to cool them correctly or you will be making everybody sick!! put them into gallon- freezer zip tight bags and put then into an ice water bath to cool quickly. do not try and cool a big batch in a home fridge. It won't work.
    You can reheat in the bags in simmering water and then finsih in the oven. do not overload the bags. are you feeding 100+ people??
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:36 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Here's a recipe for a blog I visit!

http://mytastytreasures.blogspot.com/2009/11/make-ahead-mashed-potatoes-and-simple.html
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• If they'll be in foil pans you can reheat them in the oven. Cover with foil if you don't want them getting a crust on the top.
    Anonymous