I had a job interview last week and I haven't heard back from them.

I want to call to follow up, should I call the HR rep or the director who interviewed me?

Also, do you think it's a bad sign that I haven't heard from them in a week? The interview went really well, the director called it fate...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• After a week I wouldn't take it as a bad sign. They probably have a handful of canidates to consider, so they might be taking their time. Call the director who interviewed you. That way you get a direct answer.

All the Best!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:13 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Did you send a thank-you note for the HR person who interviewed you? If not do it right now and thank them for their time. This is an easy way to put your face and interview back in front of them. There is nothing wrong with calling to see if the position has been filled if they didn't give you any indication of how long until they hired. A week is not a long time, they may still be doing interviews. I would wait alittle longer before I called but not before I sent a thank you.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:16 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• You should always send a thank you note immediately after the interview.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• call talk to person who interviewed you, say thank you for them considering you for the posiition and taking their time to interview you. i wouldn't ask at this point if you got the job. if they haven't hired someone yet you should here from them later but if they did most likely that person will tell you they already have. gl
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• First, a week in corporate time is like a minute to you or me.

Second, did you send thank you notes to everyone you interviewed with?

Third, is there anyone in your Linkedin network who is connected to the company?

Go ahead and send an email to the hiring manager. Send her/him a link to an article that she/he will be interested in, express your continued interest in the position and ask where they are at in their hiring decision. Then move on.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2010