Can you have thrush but not have any signs of it (such as the white stuff in the mouth) but have symptoms of it?

I breastfeed my daughter. She was teething and biting me when nursing but now I am wondering if it is thrush. When she first latches on it hurts (feels like she is biting, but I don't believe she is) once she starts sucking the pain is gone, it is just that first few seconds. It isn't a latch issue, she is 6 months old and latch has never been a problem. My nipples have gotten red, I noticed when I got in the shower this morning. Right now just sitting here the right one just feels tender and I haven't felt that way since we first started nursing. Her gums are white on the bottom (beside the teeth she already has) I thought that perhaps more teeth were coming in there. Oh, and also at some nursing sessions she will just cry and not want to nurse at all even though she seems, and should be, hungry. But there isn't any of the cottage cheese looking stuff I read about online in her mouth. Is that always there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• No answers yet