What are some ways i can make my son and step son more comfortable growing up with parents in a biracel marriage and having a biracel sibling?

I am concerned about my son and step son as the grow up my husband and i are both of different races i am caucasian and he is african american we each have a son from different relationship and we have another baby on the way i am concerned that my son and step son as they grow up are going to get a lot of heat for have a birace family and them having a biracal sibling. what are some ways my husband and i can doto make them feel a little more at ease with growing up in our house hold?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i think that the love that you and hubby share and show each other should be enough. I'm assuming you guys raised the boys the right way with colorblind glasses on. My daughter is biracial and we live in a predominately white neighborhood and no one has ever made her feel bad, but i dont know what kind of neighbors you have. if they are not so nice, just teach your boys to ignore the ignorant and just love eachother and their new sibling. They'll be fine. this world is full of mixed races, they're family isnt the only ones.
    Anonymous

• Thats a tought one, but you just have to live by example and show them both how to unite as siblings instead of divided as color.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• A lot depends on age.....younger children will probalby not think anything of it. It would be normal to them. And we're in a much more accepting time now. Its not that big a deal.

Just love each other. Talk nicely. Recognize that there are differences and talk about them openly. Don't make it a big deal and it won't be.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:10 AM on Feb. 13, 2010