What are some ways i can make my son and step son more comfortable growing up with parents in a biracel marriage and having a biracel sibling?

I am concerned about my son and step son as the grow up my husband and i are both of different races i am caucasian and he is african american we each have a son from different relationship and we have another baby on the way i am concerned that my son and step son as they grow up are going to get a lot of heat for have a birace family and them having a biracal sibling. what are some ways my husband and i can doto make them feel a little more at ease with growing up in our house hold?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think you need to feel comfortable about it first. If you're fine with it, and in your family's day to day life you all act OK about being a biracial family, then it will be alright. It starts with the parents.
    DaphneMae

Answer by DaphneMae at 10:26 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Yeah both of my caucasian parents married African American's after their divorce, you're making up an issue where there is no issue. Firstly, I highly doubt your kids are going around school advertising that their parents are biracial because it doesn't matter to them. Secondly, most children these days won't care and adults SHOULD have enough self restraint not to say anything if they find it odd. IF and issue arises then you should deal with it but really I'd be more worried about the biracial baby you're about to have and helping it fit in and feel comfortable in it's own skin because a lot of biracial kids have problems identifying with other people because they're neither black nor white.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I am biracial and it was no big thing as long as you do not make a big deal out of it just treat them the same and when they see your comfortable with it they will be as well.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2010