Anyone have a child graduating from high school? What type of plans do you have?

purplequeeny

Asked by purplequeeny at 10:28 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I had 2 children already graduate from HS. We had family come to the ceremony and then over to the house for a cookout.

Nothing huge, nothing fancy. While graduating from HS is a big milestone, in our house it is an EXPECTED milestone. My children don't have a choice about graduating from HS. It WILL happen for all 4 of them. Now, college is another matter. Not everyone is cut out for college. One of the HS grads is in his 3rd yr of college. The other has completed the state Law Enforcement Training course. 2 different children, 2 different paths. The child that completed the BLET program - we did the same for him - family at the completion ceremony and dinner afterwards to celebrate.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:46 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Plan? As to what?

A party; how to get them off to college; how they should start looking for a job; as to what to give them for a gradutation present. What are you thinking?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• My younger 2 are graduuating in May and we will be having a BBQ to celebrate with family and some of their friends. My 19yo leaves for Army BCT in July and right before he leaves we will be having another party and my 18yo is heading off to college in August and right before he leaves we will have another party for him. For their graduation gifts both are getting their class rings, it's what we did with their older brothers when they graduated. Oh and in Sept. hubby and I are having a "we have no more kids at home, WOO HOO" party.....LOL
    Anonymous

• If you mean to celebrate we had a cook-out and played volleyball. and had a great time, But if you mean for the summer, we had her work part-time with pay or to valunteer somewhere , That way she could enjoy her summer too, Then for the rest of his life talk to him , and see what he wants to do, Does he want to go to college , and for what /what does he want to do with his life? or does he just want to take the first year off, And work ,and go to college later.make plans and have him decide for himself before its to late..;)
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:27 AM on Feb. 23, 2010