travelling or on-the-go activities for 2 plus boy?

what are some good activities/toys for a 2 year old boy and up? I was thinking leapfrog (or off brand?) interactive books, or a travel size doodle thing....anything else? and are vtech smile game systems good for a 2 year old or too baby-ish? do they offer travel game systems good for a 2 year old?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 10:32 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• vtech games are amazing...I have 2 boys and they loooove them! I also have a portable dvd player so they can watch their favorite dvd's. They bring their toys and play when we travel, which are LONG drives about 15-20 hours....They sleep alot during the drives but when they're awake they use their gaming systems, vtech laptops, play with their toys, listen to music and watch dvd's.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 10:39 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• when we got on 12-14 hour drives we give our son books, toys, coloring books, but the best thing of all, the best invention in the world, is the portable dvd player lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• They have the leapster jr which is the step down from the one ty has age wise. I think it would be perfect for Sid!
    swimmachic23

Answer by swimmachic23 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2010