uncomfortable milk ejection

i had always felt something during let-down, but recently the one side has had a somewhat uncomfortable let-down. it isn't terribly painful, just very uncomfortable. is this normal? no other symptoms-no redness or swelling, or pain upon touching, although it is a little tender when pressure is applied. any suggestions? thanks ladies! (i have been nursing for almost 20 months)

kyriesmommy13

Asked by kyriesmommy13 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Has the baby been a little rough nursing lately? I get tender if DD isn't always behaved while nursing, or if she doesn't quite have the right latch.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Pregnant?

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:07 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• no chance, i have mirena. and besides, i'd have to have sex to get pregnant and that isn't occuring lol.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 11:11 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• hmm, i guess she has been moving around more while nursing, and when i am laying on my back she lays across my chest to nurse (which is a fairly new position for her). maybe that is it. thanks ladies, i will keep an eye on it though, just to be sure the symptoms don't change.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 12:12 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I would go in and get it checked out. With 2 of my kids I had a Candidia infection (yeast in the deep breast tissue). If you do have a yeast issue you run the risk of giving it to your baby. Have them check out your baby for thrush while you are there to make sure.
    1Katrina

Answer by 1Katrina at 2:52 PM on Feb. 12, 2010