Has anyone ever used a oral saline laxative to go into labor I dont want to drink caster oil ...NO NEGATIVE REMARKES thanks

I am almost 2cm and 50% thinned out thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• this is what my obgyn told me to induce labor
    1)have sex, i heard that the sperm induces labor
    2)massage your perinium
    3) walking
    svalle

Answer by svalle at 11:27 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• no, but i wouldt iit, it doesnt work and can make the baby poop inside of you, and that can caused pneumonia
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:23 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Don't do it. You will risk infection for nothing. Babies come when they should come. Go lie down and watch a movie or go do something fun to take your mind off doing crazy stuff to try to get the baby to come.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:23 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Laxatives OF ANY SORT do not jump start labor! They are dangerous and you could do yourself and your baby harm by trying to rush things. 2cm is nothing, they wouldn't even admit you to the hospital until you are at LEAST 3. Your baby obviously isn't ready to come yet.

that said, it won't be long now. Try to distract yourself and keep busy and the time will go by quicker then you think. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• It won't help

Answer by admckenzie at 11:27 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• i was 2cm at 24 wks with my first.at24wks. 2 cm doesnt mean anything
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:28 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• thanks ladies maybe I will go shopping and walk around for a while
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I was exactly where you are in effacement when I was preg. and over it so I tried everything from walking to castor oil, clove oil and some type of tea I forgot what it was and let me tell you its a waste of time and taste disgusting!! It could also make your labor pains worse when you do start. It was about a week later naturally for me. Just give him or her a little more time and enjoy your last days preg.
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 11:30 AM on Feb. 12, 2010