Any ideas on games/activities for a 5 yr old girls birthday party?

We are on a tight budget. My daughter's pre-school class as well as assorted other children will be at her party.

sassymama5nks

Asked by sassymama5nks at 11:23 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• There was a cute one that was done at the b-day party my little one went to last week. It was for a 4 yo. The Magic Fish. You set up an area with a sheet. Have a poll with a long piece of yarn or ribbon attached. At the end of the yarn have a clothes pin. The clothes pin over and the child has to say "Please Magic Fishy give me a prize" (or whatever you plan on attaching). If they don't say Please then the Fishy throws the line back and says, no go away.
    They also did a bean bag toss. You can easily make one of your own with a box and a little material filled with dried beans. You cut a hole in the box then decorate the box however you want it. They have to try to get so many bean bags into the box from so far away. You could get "prizes" from the dollar store if you want to do prizes.
    There is London Bridge, Duck Duck Goose, Hide and Seek. Any of those type of games are good.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 11:29 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Bubbles, pin the tale, musical chairs, freeze dance,. Walmart (super) Walmart has a party favors isle now in the back side, it's actually pretty big and cheep.So when U do baggies it's a good stop & shop kinda spot! I found all kinds of little fun 4 yr old girl stuff. They could all show up in a princess dress/costume they love! Boys can pick out they're favorite costume from holloween or whatever', They love to find stuff to , so U could tape off a room & hide small cheep party favors in that room and spend a bunch of time letting them find all sorts of party treasures to take home in their party bags.' Just Have Fun With It.'
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• my mom did for my fifth birthday and i can still remember it is she took ice cream cones and put cupcake batter in it and baked them. it looked like a cake ice cream cone. she gave us all icing and sprinkles and we got to decorate our own cones and eat them instead of cake. i mean, my friends and my friends parents and i still talk about how much fun that was!

girls love freeze dance, so get the jams out and boogy then give everyone a prize at the end.

get some peanuts in the shell, give each girl a straw and they have to suck in on the straw to create suction to pick up a peanut and place them in the bowl, make it a race to see who can get the most in that amount of time and they are head elephant and they can then be the first leader in follow the leader because c'mon, 5 year old girls love to perform and be the boss!

there are about a million and one games with hula hoops too.

good luck!
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 9:07 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• ooo, i don't know how handy you or your husband is but my parents are like champion cheapskates and my dad once went and got plywood and cut two and three 12 inch in diameter holes in them and they painted on some of those bodies that kids put their heads in and it makes them look like they are muscle men or the tiger (my brother had a circus themed so you can do whatever you like) but you can take pics and e-mail them to their parents or print them out and that is part of their goodie bag.

also, get a table cloth at the dollar store and let the girls make a huge happy birthday banner to their friend and then they can get a cute group photo in front of it. it is a good waste of 30 minutes, its fun and a really cute keepsake for your daughter.
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 9:15 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• the more things they can make the better- and cheaper. instead of ordering pizza, give each girl half of a bagel and let her make her own pizza. take a peice of white constuction paper or even printer paper and they can decorate it, then you wrap it around into a cone hat and they made their own party hats. and the parents will love it even more because there are a ton more incredibly funny photo opps that will embarass all of them later in life.
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 9:20 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Let them make bead bracelets. You can buy a whole bucket of letter beads and some string and they can make bead bracelets.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 9:38 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Pin the tail on the donkey

Clothes pin game (kids hang over the back of a chair and try to drop clothes pin into a jar)

Pinata

Musical Chairs

Freeze dance
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 10:13 AM on Feb. 14, 2010