• In the Spotlight:

Can cats get dizzy?

LOL. DS2 (4yrs) is having a happy little time spinning our 5 month old kitten around and around and around on my office chair. She doesn't seem bothered by it at all. In fact, she seems to find it amusing. lol.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 11:53 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Pets

• My cats get dizzy if I spin them in the chair a lot, but it is very short lived and boring. I could spin them slowly for an hour and get no reaction. One of my cats loves to be spun, he will get down after I spin him and then climb back up for more.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 1:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• yes they can :) when I was little (OK and still some now that I'm an adult but SHHH!) I would spin my cats on the ground, really fast by their legs. they'd get up and walk sideways into things LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• IMO, and I'm NOT a cat lover at all, that doesn't seem like a good thing to do.. Sorry to seem like a downer, I was just thinking of the poor kitty....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:12 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• yes, they can definantly get dizzy
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Yah they can get dizzy! That dont sound like a very good thing to do...I sure dont like to feel dizzy so I dont think a cat would like it either.
    MummaMel

Answer by MummaMel at 5:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2010