Home Decorating on a Budget. How to???

Anyone have some tips on decorating your home on a tight budget? What have you done thats crafty, cheap, and looks wonderful! I'm about to buy a home. I've never worried about home decorating because our space is too small and our finances limited. Now that we will have our own place though, whats your suggestions?

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 12:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Goodwill! You can spray paint, sand and stain, and recover so many things for cheap to make your house look nice. Paint can make a big impact too.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Fresh paint is always good.

If you sew, you can make matching curtains and pillows.

I like to decide on a color scheme and make a trip to the dollar store to see what I can find that might look nice. You can usually find cheap picture frames and mirrors that you can glue things to or paint to coordinate with your decor.

Anonymous

• Ikea, always has great deals..Invest in a sewing machine, curtains and pillows are so easy to make and they are so expensive at most stores..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 12:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2010