So, I'm thinking about getting a puppy.

I really want a Sheltie puppy, I've loved those dogs all of my life, even had one before, and I've had 3 collies. I live in an apartment by myself, my stepdaughter comes to visit me quite a bit, but she's 15, so I don't have to worry about it being tortured by small children. I wonder if they make good apartment dogs as long as I give her the exercise she needs every day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Pets

• I just got a sheltie puppy two weeks ago! She's soo much fun. I grew up with one and have been longing to get another for years. I think it'd be ok in an apartment, as long as you do walks twice a day at least and lots of toys in the house. Mine prefers to be inside anyway.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Shelties are fine indoor or outdoor, and they aren't yippy but they aren't big huge things either. I'd say that is a practical choice, other than the grooming, but you don't have a bunch of little kids so it's probably fine.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 12, 2010