Would you be mad?

So last night we went out dinner and got in a bit of an argument about something, so I was already buckled in the drivers seat of the car (my car, I drive if it's the car, he drives when it's the truck) when my husband and almost four year old came out. I had told him earlier in our garage that I let her open her own car door and climb in. So at the restaurant, he leaves her at the car door on my side of the car and get in the passenger side. It took me a second to react but I jumped out and opened her door and put her in the car. In my opinion that was wildly dangerous because she could have been snatched before either of us could get unbuckled and jump out of the car, or more likely, she could have got distracted by something and walked out into the parking lot and been hit by a car.

Because there weren't any cars that went by in the time I allowed her to be out there, he acts like it could have happened.. continued

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like an emotionally charged night for all involved. Don't let it spill over in to today. If there is an underlying issue going on- resolve that rather than continue dwell on this. If you think logically, there is something bothering you and you need to talk about it. I have problems with letting things build until I freak out. I am working on getting to the real issue and being an adult about it. Not easy, not fun-but essential!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 12:28 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• He's a man, what did you expect? You told him you let her do it herself, so he was doing what you do.
    Anonymous

• But there was a car that went by just a minute after I buckled her in.

He refuses to admit that he did anything remotely wrong and it's driving me crazy. So did I over-react?
    Anonymous

• I think you're overreacting but I wasn't there so....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• You told him she could do it herself then your going to have a hissy fit..How is she going to get snatched..You were just mad about your fight so you wanted to prolong the argument and act like a b****..

Anonymous

• No, and you have no idea what the argument was about, so don't make assumptions. We were in a parking spot where the cars drive through the lot right behind us (ie Restaurant, then our car facing the building, and cars behind us, driving to get through the strip mall) so she was very close to where the cars drive, all someone would have to do is stop behind our car and pull her into their vehicle and she'd be gone. That simple. I'm mad that he isn't able to identify that there was danger there, and still won't try to see it from my perspective.
    Anonymous

• If you were so concerned maybe you should have waited for your child before you ran out of the restaurant and acted like a spoiled kid..

Anonymous

• I think I would have been mad that she was in danger, but I would just call my husband a stupid a$$hole for not waiting for her to get in the car. As long as nothing happened to her, there's no reason to stay angry, just explain why you were upset to him. Guys don't think things through as thoroughly as women do, and often times do stupid things. One time I was totally exhausted, it was 10:30 at night and I had kept my daughter up so she could see her father who comes home late. I filled up her tub and got her clothes ready while he was downstairs spending time with her. He brought her upstairs when the tub was ready and as I was undressing her, he dumps the tub (like he normally does after she's done) it annoyed me because I was so tired and she was naked at that point and I didn't want her to pee on me or anything, I yelled then, I laugh in his stupidity now. (it's a love hate relationship, I love him n he knows it)
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 12:35 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I think you were just upset and overreacted a little..You sent some mixed messages by telling him she could do it and then by getting mad..Men just don't think the same as us Moms about danger and etc..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 12:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I also think it would probably be better to just like... breathe it out, and talk out what the arguement was actually about, I think that the car thing was just the straw that broke the horse's back, and I don't know that you're that upset about THAT. What was the arguement about if you don't mind me asking?
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 12:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2010