How soon after developing a UTI can it be "detected"?

I think I may have developed a UTI within the past 2 days.. with my UTI history, I really don't get any symptoms until the UTI is pretty bad. With me being pregnant, I don't want to take the chance and wait until I develop symptoms, but I also don't want to go get tested and it be negative when it's really positive...So I'm guessing if I should just go ahead and call my OB or wait a few days or what? Like I said, if I have one I would have gotten it within the past 48 hours.. HELP?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Health

• I think some drug stores have do it yourself test strips for uti's..Start drinking some cranberry juice and plenty of water..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 12:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Even if you wait, you'd have to wait months before it got dangerous,it has to be a really serious ongoing infection for it to affect your pregnancy.
    Anonymous