what was it like when you had a sezarian?

mommysarah862

Asked by mommysarah862 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It was pretty fast and kind of overwhelming, since we had an emergency one and weren't really prepared for all the hustle. The surgery itself didn't hurt at the time, but later on it did. It sucks because you can't hold your baby right away and I was in a recovery room by myself for about an hour until the meds wore off. I was only able to see my baby once in that time and I think it's only because I said I was exclusively breastfeeding and he had to eat.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 1:11 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Cesarean Section...

Anonymous

• lol I was thinking the same thing...
    Anonymous

• It was terrifying for me. I had an emergency c-section after my son's heart stopped while I was pushing. I sobbed from the moment they said "C-section!" right through to recovery. The healing process was no fun, and the surgery (among other factors) made breastfeeding very difficult for the first 6 weeks or so after my son was born.
    I didn't get to hold my son for almost an hour after the surgery, which didn't help my emotional state. I just kept saying, "Where's my baby? Bring me my baby! I want to nurse my baby!!"
    I was totally unprepared emotionally for a c-section. The recovery is not fun (not that it is after a vaginal birth, but our bodies are designed to recover from that better). I felt pain from my incision for months, and still have numbness around the incision site (almost 1 1/2 years later).
    I'm definitely hoping for a VBAC with the next one!!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• When is and emergancy csection its bad because your not ready for it plus what ever complications. You dont get to be or hold your baby right away. I didnt open all the way plus i had preoclamsia."I think i spell it wrong" It was really bad I was in the recovery room for 8hrs. My 2nd csection i schedule it. I wanned to try VBAC but, i was to scare that it would turn out the same way as last. My 2nd one was very smooth. The only time i was scare was when They star it preping me for the surgery. I was so nurvse that i started to cry. But after the baby was out every thing was good. I was with her after that. oh yeah the spinal it hurted well it burn.
    The recovery was good on my 2nd week i was up and walking & doing house work. Excep lifting heavy things.
    Bless2haveU

Answer by Bless2haveU at 5:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• i just had an emergency section on jan 25..it was horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had eclampsia..my baby was two and a half months early..the surgery went great but after those meds wore off oh gah the pain was bad..and the very first time i had to walk oh gah! I am still sore with some pain and its two weeks later now..im home i stayed in the hospital for 5days after surgery..my baby is in the nicu so i didnt get to even see her til the next day which was horrible! the first few days were real rough well the first week actually i couldnt clean myself when i went to the bathroom or bathe..it was horrible the swelling and all..but they say everyone is diff maybe things will work out better for you good luck
    Anonymous

• I had a planed c-section and I was very happy with the whole thing... I got to the hospital at 6:30am and they hooked me up to an IV and got me prepped, around 7:30 they had me walk down to the OR, they gave me the spinal block which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I felt the Dr.s pushing around but no pain, next thing I knew they were telling my DH that he could take pics, then the nurse took my DS across the room to the warming table to clean him up, I got to watch them the whole time, they brought him over to me so I could touch him and kiss him and then they took him back across the room to finish with the apgar tests, I got to hold him as they wheeled me back to my room, I was able to try to BF as soon as I asked to try, they even gave him his first bath in my room where I could watch. I was able to walk that first night and I was able to shower the next day, by day 3 I was moving around like normal. HTH
    mistykttn

Answer by mistykttn at 12:53 AM on Feb. 22, 2010