Sewing Machines for a beginner

I have been dieing to get myself a sewing machine and i'm finally going to be able to get one with our tax refund check (YAY!) so now i'm just wondering what do i look for? I want something that is somewhat small (i don't have much space for it) and durable and easy to use. What brand is best? Is there something specific i should look for? Can someone help???

Annette7931

Asked by Annette7931 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• At Wal-mart is a Brothers. Its about 100 dollars. Nice thing it comes with a cd/dvd that helps you learn your machine and helps you remember how to sew if you havent done sewing on machine in a long while. Hope this helps! :)

Have a great day!:)
    CloudWeaver

Answer by CloudWeaver at 1:12 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• i am doing the same thing! i am going to walmart to get mine. i don't want to pend alot. i heard singer is good.
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 1:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• yep, the Walmart Brother machine. I got mine on sale for like $60 a few years ago at tax time.
    Anonymous