CAVITY??????

so i've made it up to 20 years old without a single cavity and all of a sudden i feel a pain in my tooth when i ate a cookie. aw crap. i'm scared of getting it fixed but i know it's necessary. does it hurt? what do they do? i hate pain, a lot. :-(

khmymommi

Asked by khmymommi at 1:07 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Health

• It doesn't hurt, but it will if you don't have it taken care of... They will numb the area, then clean it out and fill it, then you're done.. Our 7 yr old has had one and he did fine, you should too.. Now call the dentist and get it fixed before it causes you more pain..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I have 22 years as a dental hygienist. Without an exam I can only say dentistry is painless - don't worry about that. There are too many causes of dental pain to list - decay, cracked tooth, abscess, periodontal problems, etc. You need xrays and a professional diagnosis at a dental off to determine what is going on.

PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 6:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I began a new dental questions group here on cafemom. Check it out and I can answer more of your dental questions there.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2010