Smelly dinner

My 3 yo. the other night decided to poop his diaper at dinner. Has this ever happened to any one? If so, what did you do? How did you know they pooped their diaper?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wait to change him after dinner. I couldn't eat after changing that, and I like my food hot. 15 minutes won't kill him. (I'm sure I'll get bashed for that).
    Anonymous

• I don't let my kids sit in poop if I know about it... My 2.5 year old has been trained for a long time, and my little one doesn't poop until she leaves the table (she only does sit at certain times unless she's got GI troubles). But in my opinion, the best thing to do with a poopy 3 year old? Potty train him!!!
    Anonymous

• I know my daughter has pooped because she says poo poo and gets this look. If I smelled it or knew about it, of course I would change it! At 3 he probably tells you anyway, right? Anon 1:17, you've never changed a diaper mid-meal? Wow, I've heard it all now.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• 3 and still in diapers, that's a whole different topic...But I would change him right away, then wash your hands real good, that's all..What do you mean how did you know???The smell or face the child makes, my daughter always used to go under a table or in a corner before she was trained that's how I knew..

Anonymous

• He "decided"? Are you implying that he has control over it? You're right... he does at that age. Potty train him then. Or just change his poop like a parent does and stop complaining about it.
    Anonymous

• I change my kids as soon as I smell it. There is this thing called a microwave that magically reheats food if you have to do something that allows it to cool off! I know...will the miracles ever cease.....

He's due for potty training...but then you'd have to get up and take him to the potty if he had to poop at dinnertime..... You can't make them wait so you don't lose your appetite over a bit of smelly poop....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2010