Does anyone here own stainless steel appliances?

I love that stainless steel look my dh bought me (us) the refridgerator the one with the freezer at the bottom (Samsung) and later we will purchase a stove and dishwasher well later has come... :)
Only I don't like the samsung stove or dishwasher I'd perfer the Kenmore Elite on both...Does it have to match on the name brand? or is it no big deal? But all 3 pieces match perfect :) I don't mind.
Your thoughts? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I think it's fine as long as you like it and you feel it matches:) Mine are all the same brand but I wouldn't care if they were.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Mine are all stainless but they are all different name brands because when we moved in the microwave, oven and dishwasher were already here. We bought the fridge and we got the one that I wanted that was rated the best. I really doesn't matter.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• it doesnt have to be. the only one that is going to look at it on a daily basis is you, so as long as you're happy with it, it doesnt matter what brand they are. If company comments on how the brands are different then they can buy you the matching ones, lol.
    Anonymous

• I do like it, but I just read in the newspaper this weekend that stainless steel appliences and granit counter tops are on there way out (meaning out of style). The say the stainless steel makes the kitchen look cold and looks like a kitchen in a restaurant. The granit counter tops are out because the corners of it chip easy.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 2:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• We just moved into our house last year and it has stainless...dishwasher, stove and fridge...until I saw this post I had no idea if they were all the same brand or not, lol, I just checked and they are...goes to show that after about 16 months I never noticed, so if you feel they match, regardless of brand, I'd say its fine =) I will say that fingerprints are a BITCH on these things, I am literally wiping them down twice a day.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• please get the low print finish...it is a nightmare to clean...CONSTANTLY worse than glass.
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 7:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• We bought all of our appliances at the same time and they all match, same brand.
    I've heard that if you clean your stainless appliances and then rub them down with a soft cloth and baby oil that it will prevent finger prints. I was told that steel is a thirsty metal and sucks the oil from your fingertips. Using the baby oil prevents it. I haven't tried it yet though. I clean mine with Arm & Hammer green multi-surface cleaner and I love that.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I have a Whirlpool Gold Fridge in the magnetic 'stainless' look. My dishwasher is by Thermador and stainless, my double wall oven is a Thermador pro line and is stainless. My cooktop is black with a stainless piece edging the front and back by Bosch. My washer and dryer are black and Kenmore Elite.

The Thermador/Bosch appliances are in my house because hubby is an Engineering Manager with them. Otherwise, we'd have comsumer reports best buys in either black or stainless. I don't feel that appliances have to matchy match, but must compliment each other and be the most efficent that are made.

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:38 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• We have all stainless steel appliances. Our refrigerator is custom-built and it's a Northland, but almost everything else is Maytag. They all match perfectly. I see nothing wrong with mixing the brands.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 15, 2010