could this be depression or is it just normal life?

I just don't feel like myself. I'm writing a dissertation and can't stay focused. I thought it was just trying to balance that world with being a mom of two little girls but I can't do any work and I feel immensely guilty about it. I'm tired all the time because one of my daughters is having a lot of trouble with night waking, so it's hard to tell if that's the only reason. But I just don't feel motivated to do anything. I take my girls out regularly because I go crazy home with them, but I just feel like it's all so mechanical. And lately I've been crying about once a day. It could just be feeling down about our situation (my husband and I aren't living where we want to live, we don't have the jobs we want, he's working all the time, we're tired from kids sleep issues), but I can't get excited about anything. Don't even mention sex... I thought it was just nursing, but now I'm not nursing and still no desire.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Health

• my husband has written dissertations for his masters and doctorate - that is definitely emotionally draining. Are your classes done and now you're just writing? MUST YOU have it done by a specific deadline or you'll never be allowed to finish? Maybe lightening up on how long per day or week you right - or give you self a week of vacation from it, will clear your mind and give you new strength.

can you join a women's group at a church or temple that offers childcare on the side? getting a bit of you time every two weeks even could help.

maybe a teen from a church, or scout troop, or from a teen 4H club could watch your kids for you even once a week.
    i've not been depressed on meds but it sure can happen with every one so busy. take care of yourself for you remember you're as important as the rest of your family, then your family. Talk to a doctor and maybe change some things too for help.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I dont think you sound depressed to me you sound tired and just stressed. Not sleeping sounds like you biggest problem. I have advise I know I dont do well on lil sleep, I couldnt imagine dealing with school also. Good luck!!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:46 PM on Feb. 12, 2010