Two Christians shot to death for preaching in Florida!

I hadn't seen this brought up here. Can you believe this?

http://www.persecutionblog.com/2010/02/two-men-preaching-religion-shot-to-death-in-boynton-beach-florida.html

I will post a link below

Cinnamon-mom

Asked by Cinnamon-mom at 2:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Now wait a sec - they all had criminal records. It's far more likely that this was gang related than religion related. They just happened to be preaching when it happened.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/two-men-preaching-religion-shot-to-death-in-211257.html

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• My pastor has a criminal record too!

Yes, they were ex crimals, I heard they were ex-gang members, who had a heart to reach out to other gangsters with the good news of Christ. That is what I heard. I will check out your link too. Thanks.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• My point is only that just because they "reformed" doesn't mean the rival gang cared.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• That was a better link. I think it made it more clear that it was not an accident (mistaken identity or being in the wrong place at the wrong time.)

Wow.

"They go around and minister to boys and say where they came from," the sister said. "They did that all day and all night."
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:30 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• "My point is only that just because they "reformed" doesn't mean the rival gang cared."

Oh, yeah. I don't think that they were killed because they shared the gospel, but they were killed despite the fact that they were sharing the love and grace of God with him. I just can't imagine that.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• When I was teaching, I had a student that I was very close to (he was in gangs) and he was killed execution style. I have never really gotten over it. He really was a good kid. He used to talk to me all the time about it. It was survival for him. After class on fridays he would put his bandana on his head, all gangster style and he would walk out of my class to hang out with his friends. Sometimes I would take his bandana away so he couldn't look so gangster, he was so nice, and he would beg me for it.

One day he was walking by himself and the other gang came up and they shot him. I tried so hard to talk to him about getting out, but he couldn't. It makes me so angry. He wasn't like the other ones. He was such a sweet child. I loved him very much. One of my students called me at home to tell me what happened and I just collapsed.

Anyways, this stuff makes me so upset.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:35 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• what is this world coming to? First and attack on Christian churches and now and attack on those preaching!
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 3:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• what is this world coming too? First and attack on Christian churches and now and attack on those preaching!
    ------------------------

attacks on those preaching is not new, they've been getting attacked for the longest, you just dont hear about it all the time.
    Anonymous

• This is so sad.... yet we know Cinnamon-Mom they are with Jesus now.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:14 PM on Feb. 12, 2010