It is my first baby shower.And I have no idea how to plan anything.Can I get any advice?Thank you feel free to add me as a friend as well.

Well my due date is New years 2009.And I'm stuck on how to plan for my first baby-shower.The baby shower will be July 19th 2008.We already have a few things,but how do I register things for gifts that guest could get for ideas?What kind of food should I prepare,casual,normal,or just cookout ideas?And does any one have any information on any games I could plan on playing with the guest.

dansbabygirl08

Asked by dansbabygirl08 at 9:17 AM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well Normally a friend or family member would host the party, And the shower is usually held closer to the due date. But you can find alot of games and ideas if you just google it. Congratulations
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:28 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• It's true, you don't usually throw yourself a baby shower. Usually someone at work, another at church, and a family or friend will ask you if you'd like to have one. Then they plan it and all you do is register. I think it's done that way so you don't have any expense. It's also done that way so it doesn't look like you're asking for things (even though everyone is). It's also done that way because this is supposed to be a time to honor the mom, make her feel special. You're supposed to relax and enjoy it. If you do decide to do it, put "free baby shower games" into Google and you'll get lots of sites. You can register at Babies R' Us, Toys R' Us, and other baby stores. God bless!
    jackimci

Answer by jackimci at 10:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• My sister threw my baby shower and although it was really, really nice of her... I could've done better. So good for you for throwing your own! It's not that it was a bad shower, but she had months to plan it and it seemed like she planned EVERYTHING the day before. I had to leave the baby shower to buy balloons! Anyway, I registered with Babies R' Us... you can even register online. As far as food goes, depending on the amount of people going, you could do something as simple as buying a huge subway sandwich or asking your family to bring food, like a potluck? That way, if there is no food, it's cause they didn't bring any! Have fun, congradulations, and good luck!
    msp12r

Answer by msp12r at 10:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• That seems to me really early to have a baby shower. Call me superstitious and planning your own is not something usually done. That is a time for friends and family to take care of you and celebrate the new life coming in to the world.
    momto1727

Answer by momto1727 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2008