I'm considering having a clothes swap have you ever been to one and how was it?

gypsyrose14

Asked by gypsyrose14 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Shopping

• I had one at my house last year. I remember some friends doing one years ago when I was in college before any of us had kids, so I decided to do a kid one, we swapped kids clothes and toys. People brought me stuff for about a week ahead of time, then a friend and I organized it all by size and had piles of different sized clothes all around the room. When people came over we had them pick a number and then they went down one at a time to look through the clothes and pick what they wanted. I think maybe there was a certain amount they could take so that there would be plenty left for the next person. That was my friends idea, she thought if everyone was down at once two people might want the same thing and someone might end up feeling bad. I don't think it would have been a problem, it worked out fine the way we did it. We donated what was left. In my opinion people mostly brought junk, but it was a good way to get rid of stuff
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2010