How do i get my 3 year old to start sleeping in her own bed.

my daughter is 3 and she has been sleeping in bed with me. But now that shes getting older it is time that she moves into a toddler bed and sleeps in her own bed instead of with moomy in my bed.

Lexis253

Asked by Lexis253 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I just solved this same problem with my three year old son... I think :-) We got online and let him pick out a new toddler bed and bedding (he chose spongebob) and it worked like a charm. We set it up at the foot of our bed for now so that he feels like he is still close to us. He actually gets mad when I have to wash his sheets and he has to take a nap in my bed! So far it has worked but it's only been a few weeks so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 3:11 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• See the article (How to put your child to bed without tears) under BEDTIME section here http://www.cjkidz.com/parentsgrandparentsteachers.html.  Start a routine and stick to it.  I also like the idea of letting your daughter be a part of the process of picking out the bed and sheets.

momjs

Answer by momjs at 9:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• all i have to say is good luck . i have a 6 year old little and he still sleeps in the bed with. i have tried everything nothing help i will pray for. let me know if u get her to sleep in her on bed and let me know how u did it to .
    jenjen029

Answer by jenjen029 at 12:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2010