Vaginal Birth after 2 C-sections?

I am going to attempt it with my doctor's okay. Anyone have any success stories they want to share. So far all I have had are people telling me I am being stupid and selfish....PS the only reason I had the first was didn't progress after I was induced unnecessarily and the second was hospital policy.

MissV_66

Asked by MissV_66 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had an emergency c-section cause of my high blood pressure but maybe if I had a choice I would of tried vaginal birth. I guess if youre really up for that, give it a shot.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 2:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• i don't think you are being stupid or selfish at all. VBAC is less risky than repeat c-section imo. i would never fault a woman who chose repeat c-section because i know it can be a tough decision to make, but i think if i had had a previous c-section, i would also choose VBAC.

if you haven't, try ican international. i've heard it's a great site, probably filled with success stories, and great support. also try the natural birth group here on cafemom.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Wow, the previous poster is rather uneducated on the process of natural delivery!! I've had two vaginal births and my vagina is just fine, thank you.

I don't know anyone who has had two c-sections then a vaginal but my mom had one section then a vaginal. She said that she prefers the vaginal - it's less painful and recovery is much faster. Good luck with trying a to have a vaginal birth! Hope everything goes well :)
    Anonymous

• Find the VBAC group on here, they are a load of help and if nothing just a lot of awesome support. Good luck!!!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 3:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• If your doctor gives you the green light, go for it.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Oh I forgot to mention my AUNT had two c-sections and her last one was vaginal so it is possible.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 3:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• You might want to be sure that you have a supportive birth team. That can make all the difference.
    You might like to interview different providers, including midwives, see who has the best natural and VBAC success statistics.
    Know that your provider, your support team, your location, your confidence (well-informed & supported) can affect your outcome. So you can really set it up for the best chance for success-- it is all very possible!

Good luck! :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:06 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• thanks ladies! I need some positive feedback
    MissV_66

Answer by MissV_66 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 13, 2010