If you think homosexuality is wrong

then how do you feel about transgender people? What is your backing for your opinion (like what does your religion and/or religious text say about it)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It makes me sad these communities don't have the same rights that heterosexual ones do.
    huniyxyz

Answer by huniyxyz at 3:15 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• You're either born male or female. That's it. Transgendered people are seriously sick in the head.
    Anonymous

• My BFF and Priestess is a transwoman.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• ". Transgendered people are seriously sick in the head"

Oh wow, just WOW. I see why you posted anon. But MAN are you ignorant!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• LOL, yea I'd love to see how they would "prove" someone is transgender before they marry them!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• "You're either born male or female. That's it. Transgendered people are seriously sick in the head."

Ok well then what are Christians thoughts on hermaphrodites???
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 3:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Naturally trans-gender people are BORN that way anon! In fact about 3% of women are genetically male and outwardly female. It is not something that is generally understood or even know because most of them are never genetically tested. But it's nature... Not a choice and definitely not an illness!

Hermaphrodites are a separate group altogether, they posses both female and male PHYSICAL qualities. But again, this is not a choice, but nature.

At any length - this Pagan believes they are all beautiful and doesn't understand why anyone would feel any differently. If you believe God or nature or whatever made them that way, accept that they are just that - made that way, and love them!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• There are a couple of transgendered people in our Pagan group. They are very beautiful and we adore them both. They are not by any means mentally ill. They are very active and productive people in this area.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Jesus didn't wear pants. He wore a robe that has more in common with a dress than menswear. Just sayin...
    Anonymous

• Thinking of gender as 'either male or female' is a bit misleading,since a certain percentage of the population is, in fact, intersexed (and I mean genetically/physically, not 'in their head.')

I personally feel bad for transgendered people, but only because I think it mus be such a torturous way to grow up and they must struggle so much to find acceptance. Otherwise, they are just people like anyone else and I would fully support my kids if they happened to be transgendered.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2010