Postpartum belly

I just gave birth a week ago and my stomach is saggy and overlapping my pants... Is this going to stay like this or will it naturally go back to at least not overlapping?!? I know ill always have a "pouch" and I dont mind that but right now I look like a kangaroo!
What are your experiences?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• everyone is different, but mine didn't really become firm enough to wear my old pants till almost 12months out. I breastfeed and everything too. I'm pregnant now and around 8 weeks my belly pouched out again and lost all its tone. hehe so hopefully yours will be sooner than mine. I'm sure diet and excersise would help alot, I didn't really do much of it though.
    huniyxyz

Answer by huniyxyz at 3:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• you just went through labor a week ago! It takes time for the body to heal and to shrink back up. Once my dr. gave me the thumbs up, I did a lot of walking, mommy and me pilates/yoga and started hula hooping as a workout. I still have a long way to go (and i'm 21 months post partum), but there is such a big difference than where I was
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:46 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• It will go back, at least it did with me twice before. I have a 2 week old right now, and my belly already looks better than it did a week ago. It still looks bad, but it's slowly shrinking back down.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 12, 2010