What was the last good book you read?

I read one called Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn this week. A mystery/thriller. It was good although I saw a least part of the ending coming by the time I got to the middle of the book.

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 3:35 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• bible
    Anonymous

• I just read Chris Mooney's "The Missing." It was good and also a mystery thriller. Now I am reading Dean Koontz's "Strangers." The book I read before "The Missing" was Stephen King's "The Cell." That was crazy and has nothing to do with the movie with Jennifer Lopez.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• The Foundling by Georgette Heyer! The romance is a subplot to a very fun, funny and plot driven book. Couldn't help but fall for the hero. Great fun. Am reading 'The Papers of A.J. Wentworth' now. I laugh so much I cry! But if you prefer mystery/thriller my last favourite was Michael Crichton's 'Timeline'. SO much better than the film. xxx
    JoojooJW

Answer by JoojooJW at 3:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• "Dear John" by Nicholas Sparks. My mom suggested it. It was actually good, which surprised me.. I cried a few times, but it was an easy read.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:46 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• It was called "Mommy's Little Girl" and it was a true-crime book on the Caylee Anthony murder. Terribly sad and I won't even begin on my opinion of her mother Casey Anthony!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• "World Without End" by Ken Follett. It's the sequel to "The Pillars of the Earth". Both are awsome.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• a child called it by dave pelzer
    Houstyn08

Answer by Houstyn08 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• East of Eden by John Steinbeck.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• ooooo houstyn08 that book is soooooo sad, I think i cried from page one to the end......I like fantasy a lot and I just finished the third book in a series by Terry Goodkind. The first one is called Wizards first rule
    Hulkgrrl

Answer by Hulkgrrl at 4:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2010