sleeping problems

My 6month old dd won't sleep when I'm home unless I'm holding her somehow. I tried letting her fall asleep with me and putting her down but she wakes up. I've tried letting her cio but she cries forever and IF she falls asleep its for less than a half hour. I don't know what to do! She sleeps great at daycare and fine when daddy let's her cio (as long as mommys gone before he puts her down) but if I try it I get nothing. I would love to spend my days off cleaning my house but it doesn't work cause I have a sleeping baby on me. Plus I am now getting very little sleep at night cause she's getting so big that my arm falls asleep from her head being on it. I then have to switch sides she's on which wakes her up so I nurse her back to sleep. I'm going nuts with it all but don't know what to do!!!

mommy06and09

Asked by mommy06and09 at 3:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• honestly I have the same issues. . . my 6 mo. old doesn't want to sleep for me at all. . . anyone else can put her to sleep as long and I am not there and she is fine and will sleep, but with me it is a fight. . . I have found that I get a little break if I use one of those baby pillows as I hold her and then lay her down with it. . . she stay asleep better that way. . . it is all consistency. . . you have to keep with it or they won't learn to sleep on their own. . . even if it breaks your heart to hear her scream. . . My first DD was a gem and I did not have to work so hard with her sleep routine but it is being consistent no matter what. GOOD LUCK!!! Try the pillow thing hopefully it will work for you.
    Anonymous

• She misses you. It's normal. Chores can wait. Wou van ivest in a sling or wrap to help. Also if you do put her down, wait until deep sleep -- limp limbs, steady breathing, relaxed face. As for sleeping Iswitch positions if needed after a diaper change or other brief wae period at night and nurse to sleep.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• i agree with a sling or mei tie carrier. beside that i would take a tee shirt that i have worn for a day andd put it between me and her when you are nursing her. when she goes to sleep put the tee shirt and her in bed. keep the tee shirt between her and the mattress. this helped with my lson. he would start to wake up so i would lean over him and pat him until he went back to sleep. for my son the smell helped him sleep without me
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 4:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Timing is important for my girl. She likes a very short nap about 2 hours after waking up in the morning. Then she takes a longer nap about 3 hours after that. If I keep the house cool when she's awake and then put her in her sleep sack, turn on the heater, and nurse her, she falls right to sleep, and it's easy to put her down in her crib because then the cold mattress won't wake her.
    jls9917

Answer by jls9917 at 12:21 AM on Feb. 13, 2010