how can i get my son patty trian. I try everything.

mistyandpreston

Asked by mistyandpreston at 3:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• potty train.
    Anonymous

• How old is he? I recommend not forcing him. With our grandson we kept M&M's where he could see them but not reach them. He got a "reward" after using the potty. We didn't get upset with him if he wet his pants. He did really well but he was nearly 3 at the time. I think waiting was the key.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon #2- don't force the issue, wait until he shows interest in the potty. Then I would make it a point to ask him frequently during the day if he would like to use the potty, and I would offer rewards. (even if he just sits on the potty- he gets a reward). I would also watch him and his behaviors, sometimes you can catch them as they are about to potty- and get them on the potty (zb- if he hides behind a chair when he has to poop, then tells you he is poopy. If you see him and catch him as he starts to hide and put him on the potty, then he might poop on the potty). Good luck
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• is he showing any intrest at all . i started with just having him sit on the potty anytime i went and first thing in the morning and as soon as up after nap. there is really no pushing itg. just get him used to sitting there
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 4:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• How old is he? You may just need to wait until he is ready.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2010