Did you try any natural ways of induction? accupressure, castor oild, ect..

What worked for you??!

mommacierra

Asked by mommacierra at 4:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You can try all those things people say but when it comes down to it. If your body is not ready. It will not do anything. Baby will come out when baby is ready. You just have to wait it out.
    Anonymous

• I tried nipple stimulation at 8 days overdue. It seemed horrible and wasn't something I ever wanted to try, since you have to do it like you're really nursing a newborn, for 15 minutes on each side every 3 hours. But I was desperate so I went ahead and did it. It gave me very short (30 second) painful contractions that would come every 10 minutes or so for a few hours and then go away. I went into labor for real about a day and a half later, I don't know for sure if the nipple stimulation helped at all, but I doubt it. I think it just caused false labor. I also tried the acupressure thing where you rub the webbing inbetween your thumb and index finger and some spot on the calf. I'm not sure I had the exact spot, it did nothing at all.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• with my 5th child I drank castor oil and all it did was give me the worst stomach ache I've ever had it was horrible
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 4:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I never did them. It just doesn't make sense considering that these things will not work UNLESS you're already going to start labor - and then, what's the point?

asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 4:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I was dialated to 4 and having anywhere from 2-15 contrtactions an hour from 32 weeks, so the day i hit 37 weeks I started trying everything I could to get her out. I ate about 3 pineapples, tried the caster oil, the tea, accupressure, walked MILES a day, had sex as much as i could ( i think i wore the poor boyfriend out lol), went out on the off road trails in my cousins truck... everything, and she still didnt come til exactly 39 weeks. As much as it does suck, baby will come when baby is ready and anything you do, exept maybe the pineapple and sex, is just gonna make you even more miserable. The good news is once you have your baby in your arms you forget all the crap of the last few weeks. I think you have to if you want any more of them! Good luck mama! My best advice is to try to relax (i know, easier said than done) it may seem like forever right now, but your little one will be here before you know it!
    Allie_kat1

Answer by Allie_kat1 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Sex.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:47 AM on Feb. 13, 2010