If Christianity is supposedly such a beautiful and loving religion...

Why do Christians hate so much?

They hate:
*Gays & Lesbians
*Pagans, Muslims, Jews & Atheists (and any other non-Christian)
*Each other

I just don't get it! I keep hearing that I need to "Find God" and "Feel Jesus Love" because I'm not Christian... Truth is, I don't want to be. I am much happier, being happy. I love people, nature and my connection to both... Why would I ever trade that in for a religion that forced me to judge and hate everything and everyone around me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• we don't hate those things/people. we just don't agree with it
    Anonymous

• I personally do not hate anyone. I can't speak for any other Christians.
    Anonymous

• IMO christianity in itself is not a religion. It is a faith. HUGE difference. I am a christian but I have yet to find a religion that I agree with EVERYTHING within that religion. Most religions, ie. chatholic, baptist, blah blah blah, Just examples not bashing anyone with those religions, Find ways to judge others, the bible itself teaches us that we are not to judge others, it is not our place. I am a christian I and I don't hate any certian group of people, I may not understand thier decisions but it is not my place to say they are right or wrong, that is gods place. I believe that god is a loving person and loves all his children, even those who do not good desicions. Just like a parent, it is his place alone to give us the consequences of our actions.
    Anonymous

• There are many different religions...and the people are termed "Christians"....but that doesn't mean everyone acts that way...and unfortunately they put a bad name to thier religion.
    I can speak for my beliefs, when I say, we don't hate the sinner, we hate the sin. We don't hate gays and lesbians, but we don't believe God intended that way of life. We still need to love and befriend them.
    Anonymous

• Recently, I have seen more hate from those who are not Christians. I guess it is all in the way you see things hmm
    Anonymous

• I can speak for my beliefs, when I say, we don't hate the sinner, we hate the sin.

That's still judging someone as a sinner. I love how it's always the "other Christians" that make Christians look bad. Never is it ever someone who admits they contribute to making their religion look bad.
    Anonymous

• Are you referring to people telling you to "find God" and "feel Jesus love" as hate? That doesn't really sound hateful. It may come off a a bit pushy to you, but that doesn't sound like an example of hate to me. If you don't want someone to share that with you, let them know you don't. In fact, when a Christian talks to others (not at others) about the way to God and how Jesus loves you, they are fulfilling His command. By not sharing the gospel they would be ignoring part of being a Christian.
    Anonymous

• Are you referring to people telling you to "find God" and "feel Jesus love" as hate?

I think the issue is as soon as someone gets done saying to "find God" and "feel Jesus love" it is immediately followed by either, "or else you're going to Hell you evil demon spawn" or "unless you're gay because then you're going to Hell anyway" or "unless you decide to be a Catholic and then you're still going to Hell, spawn of Satan"
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:44 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• as soon as someone gets done saying to "find God" and "feel Jesus love"

well that is not true. There are several statements on here that talk about Jesus loving without one mention of hell.
    Anonymous

• There is a lot of hate towards Christians from those who are not Christians
    Anonymous