Is this normal?

My dd is 5 months old and still not rolling. How can I help her to roll, she hates tummy time, so I put her on the floor a few minutes at a time all through out the day, but she just isn't starting to roll!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Be patient. Just put her on a mat where some toys are dangling and let her explore.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:44 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• My oldest hated tummy time. He rolled from tummy to back at 4.5 months and that's all he did. He didn't roll the other way until 7 months because he hated being on his tummy so much. My youngest is so strong and loves tummy time. He's 2.5 months and close to rolling already. I think he'll be an early crawler. All babies are different so just be patient. She'll get it when you least expect it.
    butterflyblu

Answer by butterflyblu at 7:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I have a friend who does tummy time on her lap. The baby seems to like lying across her legs more than being on the floor.
    jls9917

Answer by jls9917 at 12:09 AM on Feb. 13, 2010