need help. has any one or any one of your heard of a person being adictive to cola perfure coke

i want to change the way i eat in the morn. when i wake up in the morn the first thing i grab for breakfast is somthing chocolate and a can of cola perfer coke if we have it in the house. i am trying so hard to break the habit but i do not know how i can do it. i notice if i do not have that cola for one day i get a bad head ach, grabby and a very short fuse. i know this cola habbit is not good for my health. i have high blood persure, over weight a bit. i have problems loosing weight. i do not eat much. but ihave to have my coke and somthing chocalate. do you think if i would drink coffee that would give me the same affect but be better for me to loose weight. i only drink 2 12oz cans a day. but other days if i am stressed out i will drink more can's. please help if you can

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I think it can be addictive especially if it has real sugar in it. When I used to work out side my home I started drinking can soda in the mornings. It was just a little bit sweet to start the day tasted good. One time a good while later I didn't have hit and I actually started shaking like withdrawals from not having the sugar in me maintained from the drink. Obviously I was drinking sweetened drink more than just one time a day but it was mostly in the mornings at work. Scary.

Some people do love the diet drinks better and like gatorade type drinks. There's tons of healthier stuff to drink than sodas.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• cut all the sugars from your diet, excercise every morning at least 45 minutes for two weeks and see if you feel a drastic change, take vitamins, be really proactiveabout yourhealth you'll behappier.
    i picked up the cola habit too and it's hard those days without it, makea smoothie
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 4:37 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I drink coffee with chocolate flavored creamer - no sugar. The creamer I use is sweet enough for me. Try it you might like it and it's much lower in calories than the coke and chocolate you have been doing.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 6:37 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• coffee, tea, and sodas are bad for you for many reasons. They have caffeine-- a HIGHLY addictive substance. Chocolate has caffeine too. It can cause blood vessel constriction, head pain, eye pain, and much more.

The sweetener in colas is high fructose corn syrup. It has been linked to diabetes, heart problems, blood pressure problems, and weight problems. Diet drinks are not better. Artificial sweeteners like aspartame and saccharine have been linked to the same issues and cancers.

These drinks all have a low low pH-- around 2.5. Your stomach acid is about a 2. Consuming acid drinks and foods is bad for nutrient absorption and your natural pro-biotic balance. You wouldn't drink vinegar every morning for breakfast, why drink coffee, tea, or soda?
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Neutral pH is 7. The pH of coffee with cream is 6.9. The pH of tea is 6.3. Soda ranges from 2.5 to 4.0. Tomato juice is 4.1, apple juice is 2.9 and orange juice is 3.3 to 4.2.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• it's the caffeine in it that you are addicted to, even if you don't realize it and that's why you get the headache if you try to go without it.
    Excedrin Migraine will get rid of the headaches though without you needing to drink a soda. And then you can slowly wean off of the medicine for the headaches (such as 2 pills for like a week, 1 pill the next week, then you're off of caffeine all together)
    Anonymous

• What is perfure coke?
    Anonymous

• Instead of having coke and chocolate for breakfast try something with protein like nuts or peanut butter on whole wheat bread or toast and 1/2 of a grape fruit or an orange. Something about the citrus and protein gives me energy and keeps my cravings to a minimum. Not sure if this is proven but it works for me.

Have a little bit of Coke mid morning to prevent headaches, then gradually cut it down to every other day and then once a week until you finally quit them altogether. You most likely will eventually lose your taste for soda. (I used to have one soda per day...had to have it, but don't touch them now. They taste offensive to me now. I would say that quitting cold turkey might leave you feeling deprived. The key is to lose your taste for them. The gradual decrease seemed to do that for me.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2010