Do you take offense to this joke?

What do you tell a girl with two black eyes????

Nothing because you already told her twice

My sister finds this highly offensive and says its because she has been hit by a guy. Personally I just see it as a joke and dont see the harm in it. Really life shouldnt be taken so seriously. There are jokes out there about everything! And YES I was in a physically abusive relationship for 4 years!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't take offense to it but I don't think it's funny either.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:37 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• It's all in context.
    It depends who tells it, and who they are telling it to.
    Anonymous

• i agree with legalmommy.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:37 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I'm not offended- But frankly, it would depend on the context. I lived for 7 long years in a relationship with a man that still wants to murder me, his way of talking was to make me unconscious so I had nothing to say... I'm not particularly amused. A joke is something that is supposed to tickle the funny bone, and this would only tickle the funny bone of someone like my ex husband.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• i chuckled.
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 4:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• i did a quick "ha!" when i read it, but i can see why some would find it offensive. i agree w/ anon that it depends on who's saying it & to whom. like if my DH or FIL said that, id laugh b/c they would never do that. but if my brother said it i would be offended b/c he probably believes it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:44 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Just tastless and stupid.
    Anonymous

• i chuckled too.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I don't think its funny either. Just too many beaten women and even men too. It certainly sucks to be in a relationship where the words are horrific and I don't enjoy listening to a woman or even man berated by their partner but to be physically mistreated and a joke I just don't find funny. If it makes a person say huh what it's not funny even one person saying that response.

Glad you're ok after your hardship op. Just think if your child grown were in such a relattionship a the joke maybe having a child instead of a sister or yourself in such a position would make it more serious. Again though glad you came out of your place good.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• That's the most offensive ignorant joke I've ever heard.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 4:46 PM on Feb. 12, 2010