What breed of horse/pony to you like? What do you do with that breed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Pets

• I had an appaloosa, and a Quarter Horse, Loved them both, I could go on long trail rides on my quarter horse, but the appy was more fun to run and jump, he was very high spirited.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I was raised around QH and Paints. Now I don't have any horses though.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:58 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• IMO Tennessee Walking Horses are like the "Cadillacs" of horseback riding. My family showed TN walking horses and once you get them in a certain stride the ride is very smooth. I had a Quarter Horse and while I loved her to death I preferred the ride of the walking horse over riding her.
    My Husband and his family prefer to quarter horses though.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:16 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Was around horses when I was younger.....love Gypsy Vanners, Paints, and Warmbloods. I would have done dressage (GV), and show jumping if I could.
    lilmama2be

Answer by lilmama2be at 11:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• My love Norwegian Fjords! They are my very favorite breed! I rode a pair of Fjord ponies for six years and absolutely loved them. Their gentle disposition and good work ethic make them ideal horses for therapy riding progams (e.g. hippotherapy), but they also excel in showing (I showed in English Pleasure and Jumping).

I found Fjord ponies to be great companion animals; each Fjord I rode had a distinct personality and I developed strong relationships with each of them. They worked in a therapy program three times per week and were great with the disabled kids, yet I was also able to do higher-level stuff with them on my own time. Very handsome breed, too.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 7:04 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I personally dislike all pony breeds other than APOA's. Pony breeds are high maintenance and can be aggressive especially Shetland Ponies. We have had Morgan's, AQH and a Thoroughbred.The Thoroughbred we did Western and Trail rides with, had started Eventing recently and the QH's we did rodeo with. Ropin, Barrels, and Trail rides. The Morgan we treated like a QH. I prefer a short QH boss horse.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:24 AM on Feb. 16, 2010