Do your want your congress person re-elected?

Feb. 12 (Bloomberg) -- Just 8 percent of Americans want the members of Congress re-elected, according to a CBS News-New York Times poll taken nine months before roughly one-third of the Senate and the entire House face voters.

The Feb. 5-10 survey found 81 percent of respondents saying the lawmakers shouldn’t receive another term.

By 80 percent to 13 percent, Americans said members of Congress are more interested in serving special interests than the people they represent.

Also, 75 percent disapproved of the job Congress is doing, the highest level since 74 percent said they disapproved in October 2008. Congress’s job approval rating was 15 percent in the current survey; it was 12 percent in October 2008.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20100212/pl_bloomberg/aesowriv31_g

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 4:46 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't want any of them re-elected, however, the lesser of two evils rule is still at play. I didn't want our local rep re-elected last time, but the only option in our district was a spoiled 20 something brat living in a house his parents paid for and who campaigned on TARP needed to give MORE money to corporations than it already did. If your choice is status quo or batshit crazy...it's a tough call.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:50 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• the lesser of two evils is still evil.
    Anonymous

• Mine was just elected last year and I voted for him. I like what he is doing so far, but he is in the minority, so he hasn't really had much of a chance to break out and disappoint me.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I am satisfied with my district representative. He holds the same values that I do. I helped host him at a town hall, and he is doing a very good job, as much as Pelosi will let him. My senators? NO WAY do I want them re-elected! One is retiring this year and the other is up for re-election in 2012. Neither one listens to the people.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 5:49 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

But when those are the only options, I'd rather have the diet coke of evil than the real thing.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:50 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• NotPanicking -- If your choice is status quo or batshit crazy...it's a tough call.
    ------
    Man, that's rough! Maybe you'll have a better candidate in Nov. (Got my fingers crossed for you!)
    29again

Answer by 29again at 5:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• We'll know after the primaries. The district is largely Amish, spread out over a huge area, and gerrymandered on one edge to cut as many Dem voters as possible into the next district over. End result, at least twice our local rep has run completely unopposed. (one year they made national news because his Dem opponent got stage fright, ran off stage at their first debate as soon as the cameras came on, and was never heard from again) There are multiple candidates from both parties this year, and I think there might be an Indy or two as well. There is never that kind of competition here, so I think a lot of people are ticked.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I didn't vote for a single person who got elected in my district. And they have all been a huge disappointment and done nothing in line with campaign promises.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Our rep I want back in but I live in Mich. Both senators need to go. One feels global warming when she flies. lololol
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Feingold, yes. Paul Ryan--No. Both of which will happen though.
    Anonymous