is it a healthy way to lose weight in the 1-3 months of your pregnancy?

Okay, please no rude comments! I'm about 160pds and was on my way to my weight lost goal of 140pd. I think I may be pregnant ( the test is neg. but I think it's too soon) so I was wondering if it's any HEALTHY way to drop about 10-15pds so that when I start showing/ gaining weight I wouldn't be almost 200pds. I don't have a eating problem and I will talk to my Dr. but I just wanted to see if you all had any thoughts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• If you are pregnant there is a good chance that 'mornin' sickness will get you and you will lose that much weight a lot of people do.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• When i was pregnant with my first i was like you working off an extra 20 pounds, my doctor advised me to continue working out but to cut back and change my routine, he wasnt endorsing weight loss he felt that by just keeping up the excercise i wouldnt gain excessively. He would have been right too if i hadnt had gestational diabetes pop up and then toxemia lol.

Many of the women i know who work out all switch to water areobics while pregnant, it keeps them in shape and is safer.

I wouldnt advise continuing with a weightloss goal unless you have talked to you doctor about it first, this is one of those instances when being under a doctors care is huge.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 6:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Well, don't TRY to lose weight. Just keep eating very healthy and any extra weight may still shed itself. You can still do exercise if your doctor approves. Also, if you eat healthy and do light exercise, you will be much less likely to gain unnecessary weight like I did. I was on bedrest and not allowed to exercise and ate WHATEVER I wanted (aside from pregnancy-dangerous type foods). I gained 55lbs. I am now at my exact pre-pregnancy weight, but its different because of the lack of exercise during my pregnancy (more fat, less muscle). I am working out again (finally motivated myself). So if you just keep up a healthy lifestyle, you should balance out. Good luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I lost A LOT of weight at the first 4 months of my pregnancy from morning sickness. I went from a size 11-12 to about a 8.
    Anonymous