do/did you ever leave your toddler...

in his/her crib after a nap?

example: your son/daughter wakes from a nap and proceeds to talk & play (no crying). you dont have any where you need to be. do you let them be or get them out? why?

okmanders

Asked by okmanders at 5:37 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I let her play for awhile. Sometimes she wants to get out and other times she wants to play. I let her play til she is done. She lets me know when she wants out.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• It depends, sometimes yes she is happy and having fun, and I might be in the middle of cooking or cleaning. IT really depends.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:40 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• well my son grew out of his crib awhile ago, but when he was in the crib i would leave him for a bit...unless i knew he needed changed or fed of course.

Even now i has a baby gate up at his door and when he wakes from his nap he usually plays for a while before he even wants any attention.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• i always go in there and pick her up and take her out. i do this bc it is only for sleep time, not play time, and she wont feel imprisioned in there
    Anonymous

• I will leave them for a while. I think it is good for them to learn to enjoy a little alone time. I don't leave them too long because I want them to still be happy when I come for them.
    Anonymous

• It depends. If I'm in the middle of somethingwhen she wakes from her nap, I may leave her in her crib for a little bit longer, but not too long.

She wakes up before me in the mornings, and she entertains herself just fine. I leave the radio on at bedtime, so she listens to country music and babbles to herself.

She is 19 months old.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:07 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• No, only because he wakes up screaming... always has since he was born! He has never happily played or I would for SURE just leave him... I would love some extra Zzzz's
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I do it all the time. My twins love sitting in their cribs and talking to eachother. Plus it means a bit of extra naptime for mommy so they can do that all they want lol.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:19 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• If she's happy I let her stay in there. There aren't any toys in there because I want it to be a place just for sleeping, but if she wakes up and is content then I have no problem leaving her in there. I know I personally like to lay in bed for a little bit after I wake up and just relax. And, why would I fix what isn't broken?! lol! She's not upset, so what good is moving her if she's happy?!
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 12:40 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Of course! Why not? Mine used to love to have his "me" time and would play with his stuffed animal or just talk to his toes. He's in a toddler bed now and he still does that. It takes him a little time to wake-up. If he cries I go get him, but sometimes I won't even know he's awake.
    armywife1229

Answer by armywife1229 at 7:33 AM on Feb. 13, 2010