Has everyone been on wic?

It seems like it.
I havent been on it personally.. I didnt know it was so common.
People just say "as the wic office" as if we are all on it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• are you trying to say something is wrong with being on WIC? i am on it, and darn proud!
    Anonymous

• Nope, not me. Our income is too high.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 5:44 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• whats the point of your question?
    Anonymous

• darn proud says the anon?
    Anonymous

• I've never been on it either, but after spending some time on this site I have decided I was wrong in thinking it was fairly uncommon. I really thought only a very few people actually used it, but now I am thinking it is a much higher number.
    Anonymous

• wic is cool! free food! and i can sell the crap i dont eat! like formula.. a great way to make money!
    Anonymous

• wic is for poor people that cant afford to buy a gallon of milk. No, not all of us are on it. Some of us are perfectly capable of feeding our own children.
    Anonymous

• never been on it, alot of people I know think I should get on it cause "you save so much money" but I can afford milk and I would rather those resources go to people who really need them
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Never been on it and the woman at the grocery store assumed I was on it last week when I was just buying eggs, milk, cheese and bread. Just happened that we were out of all of that stuff at the same time. i was very insulted that she just assumed that about me and my family.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:06 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• No. In my last job it was pretty funny b/c I was a full-time salaried employee and one of the part-timers was a young college girl who was on wic and pregnant. She was telling me about breast pumps and I said 'Oh, but they're so expensive!" And she was like 'you're on wic, right? it's free!" I thought it was pretty weird that she assumed I was on wic or that I could qualify! I definitely can't! I wasn't offended and I have no issues w/ people being on wic, but I was pretty surprised that she assumed I was on it or could qualify. I'm young-looking so maybe that's why!
    Anonymous