Washing machine question (poig yesterday but only 2 answers)

If you have a front load washer which brand would you suggest? My grandmother bought mine about 20 years ago and when she passed away I got the washer, it's still working, but I really don't think it's going to last much longer and with the new rebate program I am considering replacing it but DH wants to know what it's gonna cost my saying it's going to save so much in energy and water isn't good enough LOL so I am looking for suggestions so I can compare real reviews. TIA

goaliemom93

Asked by goaliemom93 at 5:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Wish I could be more helpful. We bought a new front loader set by LG last christmas. But it was totally hubby's idea. I was content with my 8yr old Kenmore set. But he swears up n down that these are much more energy and water efficient and will save us more in the long run. I have heard that because they don't have the agitator, they are more gentle on the clothing also. The washer does spin the heck out of the laundry too! It hardly takes any time at all to dry the laundry in the dryer. They are remarkably much quieter than the old set was. The only advice I have about getting front loaders is to buy the stands to go under them (if they are side by side, not stacked) cause I HATE bending over to put laundry in and take it out!
    kharma

Answer by kharma at 6:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• do it! they save so much energy and water!!

I've got the Whirlpool DUETS. they're GREAT!

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2010