Should I call...

I recently filled out a job application for a job that I really want, they stopped taking applications on the 20th, as of yet I haven't gotten a call for an interview. My question is would it be approiate to call the company and ask them if they have filled the position or if they are still interviewing? Also, should I be specific and tell them I already filled one out and do they plan on interviewing me or is that being to pushy?

Asked by shoegal at 9:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Money & Work

• Yeah I agree with both answers... also, try to get the name of the boss or of a manager. Then you can call and ask for that person directly. Sometimes if you just speak to staff they are not the ones reviewing the applications... you want your name to stick with the big boss.

Answer by msp12r at 10:10 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Personally I usually call within a few days of dropping off my application. I tell them that I recently dropped off an application and I was wondering if they are still reviewing applications. Many times in the past I've had a company tell me they were reviewing and then asked me my name. Then I heard from them the next day. This is especially good because if you stay in contact with the company and give them your name, when they cross your application it sends a little message in their head, "Hmmm this name sounds familiar..."

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 9:28 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I would just call, tell them who you are and ask for the status on the application. Also if they tell you that they will call you in 2 weeks and you haven't heard anything from them in those 2 weeks then you call them and inquire the status of the application.

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2008