What to do?

I just started a online college course, and I'm having some difficulties dealing with a fellow student. This student acts like a know it all, attempts to berate fellow students when they disagree with her, and corrects students on assignment in discussion thread. The instructor saids nothing, and this student is becoming a nuisance to several other students. Idk what to do or how to handle this issue. Any suggestions??

collegurlge

Asked by collegurlge at 5:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• write to the professor or the student or both
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Not sure how online classes work, but I would just stick to what I think is the right answer. Sometimes you have to stand up to a bully to gain their respect. Don't know if that is what is going on in your case, but I really wouldn't let her push me around. (I encountered a few like her in a sit-down old-time college. Sorry that your class is turning out this way, college should be fun! Hard work, but still fun! Good luck!)
    29again

Answer by 29again at 6:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• There are student services and ethics that she has to agree to. Contact the student services, file a formal complaint against her and the professor provided you have requested the professor to help. If you haven't, contact the professor first.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2010