What are some foods/condiments you fed your toddler... (fun question)

That you didn't really expect them to like but still wanted to try, and they ended up loving it?

We made Bratwurst with saurkraut last week.. we eat it with mustard and onion on a hotdog bun. I cut up some bratwurst on my 17mo tray, put some saurkraut down along with some onion and a squirt of mustard.. he liked the bratwurst and saurkraut ok but was dipping his fingers in the MUSTARD and eating it by itself!!!

alinker

Asked by alinker at 5:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Heh, I'm European, so I eat my fries with mayonnaise... Gave some to my 17 month old the other day, and he didn't want the fries, but he sucked the mayonnaise right off them before throwing the actual fries to the dogs. Made me laugh. I'm glad he shares my love for mayonnaise :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• liver. it was one of those come on girls its GOOD! they loved it and I choked it down to prove that its ok to eat something you don't like.

blech....shudder shudder...

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• My daughter would choose kalamata olives over candy any day (though so would I)... She'd eat a whole jar if I would let her.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 7:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• my DD loves sour cream! it took me years to like it, but she will lick the spoon clean! makes me a little sick haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:16 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• BUTTER! We were just finishing up dinner one night and I had to go to the bathroom. After I was done my daughter came up to me and was eating something in her hand... I walked into the kitchen to see what she could have gotten ahold of and saw this HUGE chunk of butter missing! I gagged when I had realized what she did! Now I have to hide the butter in the back of the fridge and away from the edge of the counter.... *shudders*
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 12:37 AM on Feb. 13, 2010